so this is my latest project and am really excited to share it with you. see, i've been totally inspired by rnbeth's silhouettes of our little family - yes, they're the ones i hang in our entryway - i vowed to learn to make one myself. and i did, it's quite simple actually. it started with an order from ary mia for pilar's birthday. she requested some customized frames and i offered to make along her son's silhouette (oh, how i love a client who frees me to do anything i want!).
1. you need to print a black and white picture of your subject.
2. find the perfect place for a backlit effect. windows work so well.
3. start tracing the outer line of your subject's profile.
4. fill in the inner space with regular marker, black preferably.
5. scan your almost-there silhoutte and add the subject's name.
6. put your silhouette into a frame, and you're done! or you think you are. hold on a sec, i wanted to share these too - some tips on making lids for the plastic goody bags out of fabric scraps.
7. you will need used cardboard like cereal box, but a new one will also work. cut them up according to your goody bag's measurement.8. use double tape to stick the cardboard pieces onto the scraps.
9. remove the fabric excess by trimming the edge neatly. 10. and you're FINALLY done. now, how do you get rid of this big stupid grin on my face? am so proud of the result. hope you like them too, pilar :D