It was Club Kembang’s first birthday and I hosted a free DIY Doodle Clock workshop for kids aged 8-12 years old. It was great to see the enthusiasm of the kids and how lovely their clocks turned out. I was one very proud teacher that day, I tell ya!
What you need:
- 1 small square wooden board with roof top part
- Paints and black marker
- Clock machine and hands
How to make:
1. Draw a circle in the center of the wooden board making sure the diameter is bigger than the length of the long hand of your clock. The center of the circle is where you will attach the hands and machine of the clock.
2. For the base color, paint everything in white – incuding the roof.
3. Attach some dot stickers before painting for the second time. This way, when the paint is dry, you can take off those stickers and your board will look all dotty! You can do this with masking tape as well, leaving the stripe marks afterwards.
4. Paint the second layer in any color you like! Don’t forget to leave some space in white paint shaping like windows, doors, or maybe fences. Then, wait to dry.
5. Doodle the numbers, or dots, or stars, or anything at all, around the circle to mark how you can tell the time. Then, decorate everything else with your drawings, since it is a doodle clock. I drew windows and doors and added a fence and some flowers with a black marker. Be creative, whatever you choose to make it pretty!
6. Lastly, place the clock machine and its hands steadily and put in your battery. Tick tock around the clock done!
POSTED BY AMESH AND SHEILA