Thin cardboard or paper plates, masking tape, glue, string, crepe paper in green, red or pink, and white (for a watermelon).
1. Cut out one circle then cut in half to get two half circles. Or you can also use large paper plates and cut into two. Our watermelons were around 25 cm long.
2. Cut out a long rectangle as long as your watermelon with a width of 6 cm.
3. Cut the ends slightly narrowed.
4. Tape all sides of the cardboard together forming the shape of a slice of watermelon.
5. Make sure to leave one end of the bottom flap open to fill in your goodies. If not, you can tape all ends secure.
6. Start making the fringes using crepe paper. Cut 4 cm crepe paper and cut fringes for all colors you will need.
7. Before sticking on the fringes, secure string through your watermelon especially if you are planning to hang it.
8. Start sticking the crepe paper working bottom-up. So, start with green for the bottom of the watermelon, then white and red.
9. Done? Stick on the seeds using little round stickers. Make sure you color them black first and cut to adjust into a teardrop. Stick as many as you like!
10. Your watermelon piñata is ready to cheer up your party or space now!