Origami paper in different colors and sizes. The bigger the paper, the bigger the bird.
- If your paper origami is only colored on one side, make sure the colored side is facing up when you start folding.
- If you don’t have origami paper, you can always use computer paper and form it into a square first. I bet newspaper would be good too!
1. Fold your piece of paper diagonally, shaping a triangle.
2. Unfold, then fold diagonally again on the opposite side.
3. Turn the paper over then fold in to a rectangle.
4. Unfold and fold the opposite side too.
5. Unfold and position your paper so one corner is facing you.
6. Using the creases you made, bring the top three corners down to the bottom corner and flatten.
7. Fold the bottom triangular flaps into the center.
8. Fold the triangular top of this piece down and crease.
9. Unfold and top flap of the model, bring it upwards so that it shapes long diamond shape pressing down the sides of the model inwards at the same time.
10. Turn the model over and repeat no 7, 8, 9.
11. Your model will now look like a diamond shape.
12. Fold the top flaps again into the center starting from the bottom.
13. Repeat on the other side. Your model should now look like a long kite.
14. Now, fold both legs up creasing very well and unfold.
15. Open every side of the flaps and fold the legs up in between and fold down one leg to make the head.
16. Fold down the wings and your crane is done!
17. Now all you need to do is repeat your birdies in different colors and sizes and hang them on dry branches in a large vase. I’m telling you, it is really pretty!
For a visual tutorial, try this video here. Have fun!
POSTED BY AMESH AND SHEILA