I was asked to host a workshop by @nenenbabyshop and I decided to make Flower Paper Cake Topper. The class held at @perpus SKTR9 was nice, small, and very intimate. Each and every one of the participants has their own unique style so the results were one of a kind. See for yourself…
Here’s the DIY for our pretty paper flower cake topper:
What you need: thin card paper in colors of your choice. We went all pastel!
Two straws, scissors, hot glue.
How to make:
Use the tutorials for these paper flowers I did a while back. Of course, adjust the size first and make it smaller.
Small Rolled Paper Roses:
1. Cut out circles of paper. The bigger the circle, the bigger the rose. We cut out 10 cm diameter paper circles.
2. Beginning from the outer part, start cutting inwards into a spiral until you reach the center of the paper. You can draw the spiral first if you want.
3. Again starting from the outer spiral, roll up the paper as neat and tight as possible until you reach the center.
4. Simply fold in the center part and uncoil your rose to the size you want.
5. Glue the center part to secure and hold for a minute to let it set. Repeat until you have all the roses you need.
Cut out leaves in the green paper color and don’t forget to give them a little fold in the middle to give it a texture.
Now, all you need to do is attach the flowers and leaves on to the straw together with the paper ribbon and you can stick it on your cake!
POSTED BY AMESH AND SHEILA