(foto)@ador.alby asked me to decorate their booth for the @marketmuseum at Kemang Village a few months ago. Their theme was Tropical Runway, so I immediately thought about a giant watermelon slice which would fit perfectly. I decorated the giant watermelon slice with pastel-colored dipped pineapples too. Tropical and cute all at the same time!
Here’s a quick DIY how to make the giant watermelon slice that can function as a pinata too!
What you need: large cardboard boxes, poster paint, tape.
How to make:
1. Draw and cut out your slice of watermelon the size you want. Make sure to make two sides for the front and back.
2. Now, cut long pieces of cardboard with a width of 15cm for the sides and bottom.
3. Attach the sides to the front and back pieces and seal with glue gun.
4. Paint the watermelon with the color of your choice. I painted mine dusty pink for the flesh and mint for the skin base.
5. Once the paint has dried, paint seeds on both sides using black paint.
6. Don’t forget to paint the sides and apply seeds to the sides as well.
7. Let it dry thoroughly especially if you choose to use it as a pinata, then you will need to cut open the top to fill with goodies and seal it back again with transparent tape.
Now what about these watermelon tea towels? Well, now you can print your own design on dreamesh LIVING’s tea towels – just like this. Great for souvenirs, eh? If interested, do send me an e-mail or just leave a comment!
POSTED BY AMESH AND SHEILA