Well, you know what? Next week on May the 17th, is World Baking Day! To celebrate that, I am taking a Pledge to Bake. Yeah, why not celebrate by getting creative in the kitchen, enjoying a little ‘me-time’ and most of all to earn those smiles and that priceless feeling again! So, next week I will be baking Charlotte’s Zebra Chocolate Chip Cookies and I will be baking for the kids. I know how they love cookies, and Charlotte’s recipe will definitely be a sweet surprise from my ordinary Choco Chip Cookies.
Hey, why don’t you join me on this? We can bake our own recipes but share the same happiness all around! You can join #worldbakingday on social media to share your bake! If you’re not a cookie mom like me, you can try this recipe by Blue Band for The World’s Happiest Cake. Using combined flavors of coconut, mango and lime, I can just imagine how happy it will make us feel. Here’s the recipe if you would like to try.
COCONUT, MANGO AND LIME CAKE
Time preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
225 g Blue Band Cake & Cookie
325 g Sugar
250 g Self-raising flour
100 g All Purpose flour
2 Limes, grate the skin
50 g Dried mangos, chop finely
50 g Sliced almonds
50 g Dried coconut
2 lemons, use the juice
60 g Sugar
55 g Blue Band Cake & Cookie
175 g Caster sugar
1-2 tsp Milk
100 g Mango puree
How to make Cake:
1. Brush your baking pan with Blue Band Cake & Cookie. Use a 23 cm diameter pan and line with baking paper. Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C.
2. Whip Blue Band Cake & Cookie with sugar using a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Add the remaining ingredients and fold together using a spatula.
3. Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 70 minutes until cooked.
4. Cool the cake on a baking rack.
How to make Syrup: Cook lemon juice and sugar to the boil until sugar has dissolved. Pour on the surface of the cake.
How to make Filling:
1. Whip Blue Band Cake & Cookie, sugar and milk until creamy.
2. Cut cake into three pieces
3. Pile on top of each other after adding filling and mango puree on each layer.
How to make Topping:
1. Make a glazing by mixing lemon juice and caster sugar until it makes a thick liquid. Pour on top of cake.
2. Decorate with dried mango, almonds, and dried coconut.
Facebook or follow the WDB on Twitter, Instagram and Google +, pin WBD on Pinterest and definitely check out Blue Band’s Website!
This post has been sponsored by Blue Band, but all thoughts are my own.