Being the mother of two means I have conditioned a room for my kids twice, to fit both their (and my) needs.
1. Seal safety corner guards to all sharp corners on tables and cupboards.
2. Cover up all electricity sockets and make sure electricity cords are taped up and safe.
3. Keep all furniture away from the windows, especially when your kid starts to stand up and climb onto things.
4. Place a nonslip sheet beneath the rug to avoid slipping.
5. Hang only light weight decoration near the side of your crib and make sure they are tightly secured.
6. Store toys in boxes or baskets without lids. Lids can danger little fingers and even trap your toddler inside a box if he or she climbs in.
7. If you want to paint your nursery, use water-based paint that is less toxic and air the room for at least 3 days before decorating.
For inspiration, here are some photos of when I decorated a nursery room for Mothercare talkshow a while back. Pssst, Mothercare definitely provides room necessities that are baby safe and baby friendly!
POSTED BY AMESH AND SHEILA