so what did you do last weekend? the husband and i held a small family gathering at our place. his family has this routine to meet up every month or two. and last saturday was our turn to host. i was really excited since i looove planning a party - especially a tea party! this time, i kept it simple though. i used big vases filled with white flowers as cakestands bottoms for the centerpiece.
oh, and i cooked too! an easy-peasy handed down dutch bitterballen recipe from my mom. only i transformed it into something a lot more simple. I use the meat mixture as fillings for mini croissants bought from local supermarket.
500 gram minced beef
1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
3 large carrots, diced
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoon feta cheese
20 gram butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon soy sauce
salt, sugar, black pepper, and nutmeg to taste
1. Pour olive oil into the pan. Fry onion, garlic, and minced beef until golden brown. Season with salt, sugar, and black pepper.
2. Cook diced carrots until tender. Add butter, feta cheese, and soy sauce. Pour the vegetable stock.
3. Over moderate heat, sprinkle all purpose flour using the tip of your fingers.
4. Stir constantly until the mixture becomes thicker. Let it chill.
5. Slice the mini croissants in two and stuff your mixture into them.